You Don’t Have To Pay Custodian Fees: Introducing The Self-Directed IRA LLC
Just in case the title blew your mind, we’re going to start at the very beginning.
What is a Self-Directed IRA LLC?
A Self-Directed IRA LLC is an IRS approved tax structure that allows you to personally manage your retirement account without having to pay a custodian. It also offers several other benefits, such as ease of access and tax free profits.
Self Directed IRA LLCs vs. Traditional IRAs: Differences You Should Know
A Self-Directed IRA LLC allows you to take control of your retirement by giving you the ability to invest in anything you want. Except collectibles, such as art. The best part is, you won’t have to ask a custodian for consent or pay any custodian fees.
With a traditional IRA, you must go through a custodian when you wish to make investments using your retirement funds, which often triggers high custodian fees and transaction delays.
With a Self-Directed IRA LLC, a special purpose limited liability company (“LLC”) is established that is owned by the IRA and managed by you or any third-party. As manager of the IRA LLC, you will have total control over the IRA assets to make the investments you want and understand – not just investments forced upon you by Wall Street.
A Self-Directed IRA LLC Gives You Control of Your Retirement
With a Self-Directed IRA LLC, you will have total control to make any approved investment, including a real estate purchase. You can even pay for improvements and then sell the property without ever talking to the IRA custodian.
Since all your IRA funds will be held at a local bank in the name of the Self-Directed IRA LLC, all you would need to do to engage in a real estate transaction or other investment is write a check straight from the IRA LLC account or simply wire the funds from the IRA LLC bank account.
No longer will you need to ask an IRA custodian for permission or have the IRA custodian sign the real estate transaction documents. You will be able to make investments by simply writing a check.
With a Self-Directed IRA LLC you will never have to seek the consent of a custodian to make an investment or be subject to excessive custodian account fees based on account value and per transaction.
Popular Self-Directed IRA LLC Benefits and Advantages
Invest in real estate & much more tax free.
With a Self-Directed IRA LLC, you will be able to invest in almost any type of investment opportunity, including real estate, tax free.
Virtually no custodian fees.
With a Self-Directed IRA LLC you no longer have to pay excessive custodian fees based on account value and transaction fees. Instead, with a Self-Directed IRA LLC, you keep your money with a passive custodian, often a bank.
Think of the passive custodian as a piggy bank for your Self-Directed IRA LLC. Whenever you need money for an investment, you just go to the piggy bank. You can write a check. You don’t actually have to go or speak to your passive custodian.
With the Self-Directed IRA LLC structure, all income and gains from IRA investments will flow back to your Self-Directed IRA LLC tax free.
An LLC is treated as a pass-through entity for federal income tax purposes and your IRA, as the member of the LLC, is a tax exempt party. Which means all income and gains of the LLC will be tax free.
A Self-Directed IRA LLC allows you to enjoy many more advantages, including the following:
- Better protect your retirement assets from a falling stock market or against inflation.
- Make a real estate or other investment by simply writing a check( Truly it is that easy.)
- Generate profits tax free when you use the same Self-Directed IRA LLC to purchase domestic and foreign real estate, private mortgages, gold and stocks, bonds and mutual funds inside the same plan.
- Buy your future retirement home or vacation property now at today’s prices, rent it out, and then move in at the age of 59 and 1/2!
- Diversify your retirement portfolio and invest in almost any type of investment tax free.
- Take control of your retirement funds and hold them at a local bank or credit union.
- Protect your retirement assets from creditors or bankruptcy.
- Purchase real estate foreclosures and tax liens on the spot, or make personal loans by simply writing a check and generate profits tax-free.
To learn more about a Self-Directed IRA LLC, call Royal Legal Solutions today at (512) 757–3994 to schedule your consultation.