For 2017, the IRA contribution limits will remain the same as 2016. This means the following is true for individuals:
- If you’re under the age of 50, the maximum Self-Directed IRA contribution for 2017 will be $5500.
- If you’re over the age of 50, the maximum Self-Directed IRA contribution for 2017 will be $6500.
Let’s look at some quick tips about the Self-Directed IRA LLC and contributions.
Take Control of Your Retirement Account: The Self-Directed IRA LLC
A Self-Directed IRA LLC will offer you the ability to make tax free investments without custodian consent.
Think of a Self-Directed IRA LLC as a special purpose limited liability company that is created, owned and managed 100% by you. Or someone else, if you choose.
The advantage of using an LLC to make the investment is that an LLC is treated as a pass-through entity for tax purposes, meaning you, the owner of the LLC, would be subject to the tax and not the LLC itself.
In most cases, all income and gains generated by the IRA LLC would flow back to the IRA tax free. Also, the LLC allows you to keep IRA funds in your LLC bank account, instead of with a far away custodian. For you that means greater flexibility and less delays when it comes to investing.
You Can Invest in Anything
With a Self-Directed IRA LLC, you will be able to invest in almost any type of investment opportunity that you discover, including: domestic or foreign real estate (rentals, foreclosures, raw land, tax liens etc.), private businesses, precious metals (i.e. gold or silver), hard money & peer to peer lending, as well as stock and mutual funds.
Your only limit is your imagination. The income and gains from these investments will flow back into your IRA tax free.
Quick List of Self-Directed IRA LLC Benefits
When you get a Self-Directed IRA LLC:
- You will have the power to act quickly on a potential investment opportunity.
- You can say good bye forever to custodian fees. (You can just say good bye to custodians all together!)
- You can invest in almost anything.
- You will actually know what you’re investing in.
If you have any questions about Self-Directed IRA LLCs, you can always ask in the comments below, or contact us directly. We’re here to help you.