The Lone Star State is a great place to live, love, and work. In fact, we like this state so much that our firm is based deep in the heart of Texas in Austin. If you’ve lived in Texas long enough, someone has inevitably told you about how everything is bigger here. It just so happens that the same is true of Series LLC benefits.
Texas Series LLCs Are Among the Strongest
The Series LLC isn’t universally structured. The entity is defined and legally controlled at the state level. In fact, not all states have Series LLCs. But Texans are fortunate to have a local option for the Series LLC. If you live in Texas, you won’t need to pay any additional fees that non-Texan investors would expect.
How Does the Texas Series LLC Benefit Real Estate Investors?
We at Royal Legal think this entity kicks ass for a few reasons. Here are just a few of our favorites:
- Texas Series LLCs are protected by strong state laws. You can’t be held liable for the actions of your LLC and vice versa.
- Forms the core of your asset protection plan by limiting liability and compartmentalizing your assets into Series.
- Stops lawsuits dead in their tracks. You don’t own assets. The entity you control, your Series LLC in this case, does.
- Streamlines business dramatically. Organizing and bookkeeping is simple, too. You can normally keep doing whatever you were before.
- No special requirements for meetings, minutes, or other red tape.
- No state income taxes–at all! You’ll have to let the Comptroller know once a year that you have “no taxes due.” Our staff can even help you out with this task.
But the benefits hardly stop there. Learn more about how the Series LLC protects your assets now.
Get Your Texas Series LLC Sooner Rather Than Later
If all of this sounds fantastic to you, we advise proactivity. So even if you’re brand new to investing, it’s not too early to start constructing your asset protection plan. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: the law truly favors the proactive. If you wait for a lawsuit threat to strike, it’ll be too late to get your assets into the safety of the Series LLC structure. If you’re ready to learn more about how this entity can help you in particular, consult with one of our experts.